Midwest Transport Specialists, Inc. is a growing and dynamic family owned and operated trucking and transport company located in Kansas City, Kansas. We serve both local and national clients with a variety of Tow, Transportation and Logistics services. The Company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
Midwest Transport Specialists, Inc. is hiring tow dispatcher/inside sales associate for a fast paced, high energy environment. We service the entire Kansas City area and some long-haul calls. As a tow dispatcher/inside sales associate you are the first person to represent the company and set the customers’ expectation. We are in the business of helping people and are looking for people that like to help others, as well. We provide services for Insurance Companies, Body Shops, Repair Shops, Auto Dealers, Law Enforcement, and the General Public. We are looking for a responsible individual to contact future customers for our tow division, as well as receive incoming requests for vehicle towing and recovery, moving commercial machinery, and to service law enforcement agencies and local businesses. Good customer service, great communication and organizational skills are essential, as well as the ability to multitask. Must be available to work some evenings if needed.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers Customer Calls regarding Tow and Transport needs
- Call on previous and new customers to obtain additional business
- Dispatches and tracks drivers if needed
- Balances workloads while assigning correct vehicle and driver to the needs of the call
- Data entry, process paperwork, receives payments, reports, release vehicles
- Balances invoices and money at end of shift
- Must have good customer relations and communication skills
- Must have accurate data entry skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent attendance record and reliable transportation
- Ability to talk to both drivers and customers in a calm, professional manner
- Must have the ability to work independently and maintain productivity
- Problem-solving skills are a must
- Must have a good geographic knowledge of our coverage areas
- Must have computer skills: MS Office, Internet, Email communication, and Mapping. GPS Tracker software and DOT Compliance knowledge a plus.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful conclusion of a background check and negative pre-employment drug screen.
- Inside Sales/Customer Service Experience
- Dispatch Experience a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Full benefits package with health, life, dental, and vision options
- Vacation and sick days
- 401(K) with company match