We are looking for foreman or top hand specializing in communication tower construction and maintenance to complete project specification in a timely manner, with exceptional quality work within the budget.
Tower Foreman/Top Hand Job Summary
The Tower Foreman is primarily responsible for acting as the Crew Lead on telecommunications sites and tower construction required to upgrade wireless networks. Climbs and works on communications towers to install, replace, and repair antenna systems equipment. This position will conduct and perform construction duties to complete each project to specification, and complete each project in a timely manner, with exceptional quality and within budget.
Tower Foreman/Top Hand Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities regularly performed and normally assigned to this position are as follows:
- Safety first. Follow safe work practices and company and client worksite policies.
- Climb and work on communications towers to install, replace and repair antenna systems equipment
- Complete assigned duties for each project in a timely manner, with exceptional quality and within budget
- Assist in scheduling and managing rental equipment to include calling off equipment
- Prepare for project installations by determining required installation methods and assembling the proper tools and equipment in order to complete the project to specifications
- In accordance with guidelines and requirements, rig towers, monopoles, and rooftops for construction purposes
- Additional responsibilities as identified and assigned
- Act as a team lead and mentor to less experienced Tower Technicians
- Able to prepare closeout documents on projects
Tower Foreman/Top Hand Experience
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- High School diploma or GED required, Associates or Trade School Degree preferred
- 4+ years’ work experience as a tower climber
- Technical knowledge of telecommunications equipment
- Experience in tower rigging required
- Required ability to operate sweep gear test equipment and troubleshoot without assistance, as well as download and label
- Tower rescue training/certification
- Aerial lift certification preferred
- Connector training
- PIM testing, CPR, and First Aid
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification required (OSHA 30 Hour preferred)
Additional Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to follow detailed directions
- Ability to deal with problems that arise with crew and project
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Can implement and give directions as needed
- Ability to deal with constructive criticism and willingness to learn
- Aware of all hazards pertaining to wireless construction
- Demonstrated knowledge of all tasks involved with assigned project
- Ability to work independently as well as on small teams
- Microsoft Office skills required
- Organizational skills required
Travel: This position requires approximately 45% overnight travel. The ability to travel as needed in this role is required.
Tower Foreman/Top Hand Work Site Conditions
Working Conditions (Mental/Physical Demands & Environmental Factors):
- Active working position that will require continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching daily
- Good vision (normal or corrected) with ability to positively identify colors of wires
- Requires working in outdoors construction or service environment with the ability to work in adverse weather conditions (extreme heat or cold) and may be conducted during daylight and nighttime hours.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods, coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously, accurately complete detailed forms and reports, and calculate figures and amounts
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- This position requires climbs of up to 500 feet
- Requires use of appropriate personal protective, fall prevention, and fall arrest equipment
CollabFirst is focused on providing our transitioning military service members and veterans in our community with support to overcome the roadblocks associated with sustainable employment opportunities. We ensure our military service members receive the tools needed to succeed in civilian life and the civilian workforce. Veterans enter into careers suitable for their level of military experience and economic sustainability.