Recommended Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Typically requires 6 months plus years ofexperience
- Valid state-issued driver’s license isrequired
- MUST be a Certified Tower Climber - canbe via Gravitec Systems, Inc. or ComTrain
Recommended Knowledge, Skills andAbilities:
- Competent climber
- Competent rigger
- Knowledge of standard knots
- Trained in controlled descent
- Trained in use of aerial lifts
- Trained in procedures on a workingplatform
- Trained in procedures on a cablebridge/ice bridge
- Familiarity with UMTS and 4G
- Requires working knowledgeof Microwave equipment.
- Use of hand tools to mount equipment,run and connect cables, and secure climbers.
- Knowledge of basicelectricity, grounding, and power safety.
- Experience in completing full groundinginstallations, tower demolition, tower stripping and painting (erect and horizontal
- Ability to Install fiber and coaxialcable on towers, rooftop - any structure
- General understanding how to fibertest - Fiber Scope and Power Test
- Troubleshoot and fix on connectors andAntenna system.
- Ability to work closely with others
- Team Player
- Travel as required, typically within adesignated region
Must be able to safely climb whilecarrying tools and equipment of up to 60 pounds and work on a cell site towerusing safety gear that is rated for a maximum working load of 310 lbs,including the climber, tools and equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrationand Requirements:
- Rescue certificationis preferred
- Anritsu and/or OSHAcertification a plus
- CPRand First Aid certification preferred
- Must be able to climb and descend all types of tower and rooftop structures
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to travel as needed