CompDrug has immediate opportunities for person-centered Toxicology Specimen Collectors. If you are interested in working closely with patients in a fast-paced, supportive environment, please consider joining our team! This position is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the collection of toxicology specimens to be processed at an outside laboratory. You will provide instruction to patients on how to provide urine, oral or breath specimens and be responsible for preparing and properly packaging samples with requisition forms in a timely manner, working closely with our nursing, administrative and provider staff to ensure the integrity of the specimens while upholding the dignity of the patients. The hours for this position are Monday, Thursday and Friday: 5:45 am - 2pm; Tuesday and Wednesday: 5:15 am - 1:30 pm; every other Saturday 5:45 am - 9:00 am.
- Bring a person-centered, trauma-informed approach to the position
- Previous toxicology specimen collection experience preferred, but not required
- Must have excellent customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with patients and co-workers in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment
- Must be willing to participate in and complete training requirements within 60 days of hire as well as ongoing training and compliance requirements
- Solid computer skills, including, email, instant messaging, Microsoft Office and willingness to learn and utilize an electronic health record
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2
- Conduct specimen collection
- Follow chain of custody procedures
- Check in patients
- Work with breath alcohol sensor
- Pack and Ship specimen collection
- Report suspected falsification of a specimen
- Document as appropriate in the electronic health record
- Administer pregnancy tests
- Enter ordered labs in the electronic health record
- Perform other duties deemed necessary to the Corporation’s mission and, as may be assigned by supervisor
- Participate in the annual BCI and FBI background check processes
- Maintain required professional licensure/credentials, as related to essential duties
For more than 40 years, CompDrug has offered comprehensive services in prevention, intervention and treatment to those seeking help for their addictions and mental health issues. It is now the largest opioid treatment program in Ohio, offering medication-assisted treatment (MAT) using FDA-approved medications. In addition to MAT, CompDrug’s more than 100 full-time employees provide outpatient counseling for men and women, psychiatric care for those with comorbid substance use disorders, drug testing and numerous prevention programs for youths and adults. Programs include: Intensive Outpatient Treatment, Anger Management services, and others. Prevention Services include: Youth to Youth International, Pregnant Moms, Senior Sense, HIV Early Intervention. Those services combined reach thousands of people every day and are instrumental in saving lives, preventing problems, and proving that treatment works. CompDrug has met the standard for high quality treatment and prevention services, winning several awards and gaining National Accreditation for its Opioid Treatment Program through CARF (Commission for Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities), beginning in 2002. Today, all of CompDrug's programs have achieved the highest level of accreditation awarded by CARF.
CompDrug provides its employees with a collaborative, flexible and supportive environment where ideas and contributions are recognized and valued. Employees are encouraged to develop and grow their skills through training, on the job learning experiences and problem solving. CompDrug provides a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision coverage, student loan repayment, life insurance, maternity & paternity leave, disability, 403b and paid time off.
Interested candidates may apply online by visiting https://www.compdrug.com/about-us/
EEO-M/F/Disabled/Vets. CompDrug is a Drug Free Workplace.
Laboratory Specimen Processor