Come Join Our Team Of Drivers!
Monday thru Friday (no weekends) Shift- 12am- 10am
- Performs pre-trip inspection of vehicles, trailers, and cargo to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order, and to ensure that cargo is undamaged and all load-related documentation is complete and accurate. Delivers product from the Distribution Center to the customers’ location, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
- Unloads product from truck to customers’ dock, inspecting cargo and completing required documentation.
- Performs all job responsibilities in adherence with established Company driving policies and procedures. Remains compliant with Company, state and federal testing and licensing requirements, submitting proof as requested.
- Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicles as required per Company policies and procedures. Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Class A CDL license required
- Previous Class A or B driving experience preferred.
- Ability to adhere to established safe driving guidelines.
- Ability to use equipment such as forklift and pallet jack to load trucks, and remain certified to operate all such equipment.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Hazmat training for hauling hazardous materials may be required.