|Basic Function and Scope of Position:Support import operations and conduct trade compliance audits in support of Illumina's trade compliance efforts to ensure compliance with applicable US regulations.|
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with Illumina's Customs Brokers in Americas region for timely and accurate customs clearances and PGA releases.
- Support daily import operations to clear any import holds.
- Support internal and external customers by providing timely status updates on import shipments.
- Assist Trade Compliance team with import training and documentation.
- Participate in broker evaluations and business reviews.
- Audit import records to ensure compliance with US import regulations:
- Value, duty, Origin, product description, classification, etc.
- Compliance with PGA's such as FCC, FDA, USDA, TSCA
- Analyze audit data and present findings in concise, professional format
- Work closely with internal departments and other Illumina sites to gather information in support of audit activities
- Gather information from Customs brokers and freight forwarders necessary to perform audits
- Assist with timely and accurate recordkeeping and document management processes in support of audit activities
- Review SOP's and confirm procedures are being followed by Illumina personnel, freight forwarders and customs brokers
- Inform Trade Compliance Manager of any irregularities or potential trade compliance violations
- Support the Trade Compliance team with the management of records, forms, and documentation
- Review audit findings and recommend process improvements
- Assist the Trade Compliance team on ad hoc trade compliance projects
- Other duties as assigned
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background*:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Logistics, Trade Compliance, Business Administration or other related field
Preferred Experiential Background:
- Experience in US import operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret trade data and present findings
- Basic understanding of:
- US import regulations and documentation
- Customs entry documentation
- Including, but not limited to: CI, 7501, 3461
- HTSUS Classification
- PGAs role / requirements for importation
- FDA, USDA, FCC, TSCA etc.
- Ability to interpret INCOTERMS
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to run and analyze ACE import / export reports
- Must be able to adapt to rapid change, work with a sense of urgency, and prioritize tasks through effective time management
- Strong communication skills in English
- Advanced skills in MS Office, Excel, Word
- Experience with SAP and export management systems
- Experience in life science or medical device industry considered a plus
*NOTE: any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered