This role will support the Trade Compliance Manager/Corporate Trade Compliance team to administer and continuously improve an effective Trade Compliance program that ensures AAR WASSs conformance with U.S. export/import laws and internal policy requirements. This position partners with various internal and external stakeholders to audit, improve, analyze and manage operational level compliance processes that enable successful international business activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Trade Compliance Manager with the preparation of export license applications.
-Know and understand trade compliance laws and regulation such as the ITAR, EAR, OFAC and BATF and implement industry best practices in accordance with those laws and regulations.
- Support the commodity jurisdiction and classification process of products and technologies.
- Manage all import shipments with customs brokers, including proper classification, valuation, origin rules, free trade agreements, special tariff classifications, documentation and recordkeeping.
- Support the movement of products and technical data to global sites, including approving export invoices, decrementing licenses, applying AARs use of ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions and ensuring accuracy of export filing.
- Review import shipping documentation for accuracy and ensure accuracy of broker instructions.
- Develop, implement and maintain process maps, desktop level work instructions, and SOPs for export and import compliance related requirements and identify process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Identify and deliver import/export training to Logistics team pertaining to import/export requirements.
- Conduct monthly export audits and work with Trade Compliance Manager to resolve issues identified.
- Use and keep abreast of online tools including but not limited to DECCS, SNAP-R, and AES Direct.
- Attend appropriate export training seminars and stay current of new developments in all areas of export compliance.
- Maintain and keep current all shipment documentation in compliance with all record keeping requirements.
- Support investigations, Government inquiries, external audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- 10 years of experience may be substituted for bachelors degree.
- PMP certified
SKILLS & EXPERIENCEREQUIRED:
- At least 5 years related experience equivalent work history working in a similar role.
- Strong skills classifying items under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Practical experience applying EAR, ITAR, US Customs regulations and Foreign Trade regulations.
- Strong understanding of export license application processes.
- Thoroughly familiar with international shipping documents such as commercial invoice, packing list, air waybill, and export license including consignee information, INCOTERMS, harmonized tariff code and nomenclature, country of origin, customs value, export classification, and license data.
- Demonstrated experience in working in cross functional teams driving, developing and implementing Customs related procedures and work instructions- Strong project management and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong planning, organization, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to effectively handle time critical issues and meet goals despite unexpected setbacks, obstacles, or time constraints.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and/or maintain a security clearance by the customer.
- Trade Compliance experience on a U.S. Government contract.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
3. Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short- & long-term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up to date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
9. Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
10. Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued
Job: WASS LOGISTICS
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Melbourne
Overtime Status: Exempt