The Trade Data Analyst, Assistant Marketing Manager plays an integral role in enhancing brand performance across the Ajinomoto suite of consumer package goods brands such as Ajinomoto, Tai Pei, Ling Ling and Jose Ole. You will be responsible for analyzing and leveraging data to draw conclusions, identify opportunities, make recommendations, and evaluate the impact at strategic accounts. You will be expected to leverage tools such as IRI, Shopper/Category insights, Industry Reports and account specific studies and analyses to support our sales force with compelling, actionable presentations for the trade.
- Syndicated Data Analyses – Analyze syndicated sources for sales presentations and management reporting. Assess results, trends and causal factors. Track new product performance.
- Panel Data Analyses – Leverage panel tools to develop a deep understanding of shopper demographics, purchase dynamics, competitive interactions and retailer behavior and leverage those insights in sales presentations.
- Monthly Reporting – Create and deliver regular performance reports.
- Shopper Insights – Leverage all available research, industry reports and selling materials to support the creation of insightful consumer/shopper customer specific presentations.
- Assortment and Merchandising Optimization – Create analyses and tools to help the teams optimize merchandising and assortment.
- Path to Purchase Development – Develop a working understanding of the path to purchase for our shoppers and leverage that understanding in our day to day marketing strategies and tactics.
- Category Insights Support –Liaise with insights partners to develop strong shopper insights.
- BA/BS degree preferably in business management or marketing.
- 1-2 years relevant marketing or research analysis experience.
- Demonstrated superb attention to detail while clearly seeing the big picture.
- Demonstrates superior quantitative analytical ability.
- Proven communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent Microsoft Excel skills with a particular strength in data manipulation and drawing actionable conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to create Powerpoint presentations.
- IRI or Nielsen experience preferred.