Trade Promotions Analyst-WIC04458 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
The Trade Promotions Team is responsible for setting up customer agreements in our ERP systems, updating over time as-needed, managing payouts for customer rebates and other end-user agreements such as brokerage, buying groups for the Cargill Food Service, retail and deli agreements, and other agreements implemented by our internal sales team or the Cargill Food Service (CFS) sales team. This role will provide information to CBS to support monthly balance sheet reconciliations with adequate supporting documentation to meet US GAAP requirements. This role will lead continuous improvement initiatives that will improve timeliness and accuracy of reporting and pricing for our customers. This role will build a strong business partnerships with Product Managers, Business Managers, Sales, Finance, and CBS / shared service teams. This will help ensure compliance with accounting rules related to sales incentive programs & advertising, ensure agreements are updated timely and accurately, and help drive long term value for the business.
50% Analyzing and business reporting for our Protein Trade Promotion Team
• Partner & provide insight to the business across all proteins to ensure trade promotion programs are accurately managed
• Manage overall financial value for Trade Promotion activities and ensure controls are in place to avoid misstatements
• Assist in development of trade promotion reporting that can be used within the team, within the business and for audit requests
• Audit of customers/accruals on a regular basis to ensure our financial records are accurately represented
• Drive improvements using root cause analysis
25% Agreement Management
• Agreement documentation/set up/revisions
• Agreement reviews with Sales/Pricing and Product Managers
• Agreement reconciliations
• Identifying improvements
• Develop trend analysis that can be used by the entire trade promotion team
• Project Symphony SAP Implementation
• Prepare/data cleanse for SAP Implementation
• Other projects as needed
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 3+ years’ of experience in accounting.
• Strong experience Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Access).
• Strong experience in Excel using complex formulas commonly used in large organizations when analyzing data.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Trade Promotions and/or Dispute Management experience.
• SAP/JDE/AS400 experience.
• Process Improvement champion and advocate of change experience.
• Strong attention to detail, passion for learning, and a curious attitude
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to clearly explain technical topics in a simple manner
• Ability to hold others accountable
• Continuous Improvement focus
• Ability to identify and resolve problems
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work closely within a team to accomplish shared goals
• Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to manage and understand complex requirements, then summarize at a higher level for management
• Ability to speak candidly and successfully negotiate through conflict Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.