Trades Helper - Downtown Phoenix campus
Arizona State University
FDM FM Downtown
Campus: Downtown Phoenix
Facilities Management, Downtown Phoenix campus, seeks a Trades Helper to assist trades employees with daily activities on assigned jobs.
To be determined
- Assist trades employees with daily activities on assigned jobs.
- Clean and/or perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Collect and deliver materials and equipment needed on the job site.
- Perform clean-up activities as jobs are completed.
- Communicate frequently with occupants and team members regarding work activities and timelines.
- Interact effectively with customers and students of diverse backgrounds.
- Clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Completion of one year vocational training; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- higher education facilities management
- using equipment (e.g. pipe cutters, hand auger, power auger, pipe extractors, tubing benders, plumbing wrenches, torches, meters, gauges, etc.)
- installing fixtures (e.g. faucets, toilets, urinals, thermostats, etc.)
- using piping materials (e.g. copper, cast iron, steel, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride,valves, etc.)
- customer service
- commercial and/or industrial general maintenance
- facilities trades including plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- basic computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Outlook Email)
Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk distances outside to perform work.
- Frequent bending, stoop, kneeling, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 80 pounds.
- Work outside in extreme temperatures and in a dirty environment.
- Utilize specific hand tools and equipment related to essential duties.
- Work off ladders, scaffolding, single man lifts up to 40 feet.
- Wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses, gloves).
- Work with team members, prioritize assignments and work within guidelines.
- Drive university vehicles/carts.
Facilities Development and Management measures performance expectations and seeks candidates who are aware of, participate in, and encourage team support of Arizona State University's sustainability programs. The University has made an institutional commitment to lead by example through the sustainable operations of its campuses. By demonstrating exemplary practices and sharing solutions, ASU stimulates changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable world.
ASU offers tuition waiver (to include yourself, spouse and dependents), paid vacation and holidays, excellent benefit package, employee training and development opportunities, and an employee assistance program.
Facilities Development and Management at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States. Facilities Development and Management will not be a sponsor for this position.
This position is located at the Downtown Phoenix campus, 522 N Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85004.
Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license (minimum of Class D) upon employment and maintain throughout employment. Post-offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which is 5 or fewer points in the most recent 39 month period from date of hire.
Must pass pre-employment physical examination post offer of employment.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf . A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00pm Arizona time on the day indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Work reference history information for 3 current and/or former supervisors will be requested at time of interview.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 49485BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=3738966