Job ID: 168280
APAC Mississippi, Inc, an Oldcastle company is a great place to work! We have great employees that have been with us many years – and hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our team – where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
Will perform all duties related to the control of traffic for safety of traffic and workers in or near construction work zones. Must be properly trained in the installation of all traffic control devices and proper flagging techniques, properly clothed, alert, good eyesigne, quick reflexes, promotes good public relations and a throrough understanding of their job. May perform other related traffic control duties; such as installing, setting in place, and repairing traffic signals, erecting signs or devices such as traffic islands and barriers. Experience working around Asphalt and equipment operating skills would be beneficial. Postion will require State Traffic Control Certification, if not already obtained.
- High School education/GED, or equivalent education and experience.
- Must be able to repetively lift up to 50 pounds, walk, stoop, squat, sit, kneel and be capable of passing required physical examination
- Knowledge of basic tools and their uses, basic mathematical and measurement skills (adding, subtracting, division, & multiplication)
- One year of verifiable work experience preferred in road construction, quarry or Asphalt Plant
- Maintain reliable attendance, meeting company standards, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work any schedule including nights and weeks.
- May be required to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to work in various temperatures, both hot and cold.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. Companies operate in the states of Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, with limited operations in Georgia and South Carolina.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
APAC Mississippi s an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
APAC Mississippi is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.