VHB’s growing Raleigh, NC team is looking for an experienced Traffic Control Engineer to join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope. VHB has consistently been rated as one of the top Engineering Firms to work for up and down the East coast, was awarded “Employer of the Year” by WTS in 2018, and has a 100% CEO approval rating on Glassdoor.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The successful candidate will have experience in traffic operations, safety, transportation planning and traffic engineering design experience in North Carolina.
- Apply understanding of traffic control device operations, regulations, and design
- Prepare work zone traffic control, pavement marking and signing assessments and design plans in compliance with standards and specifications of the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) and the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with the design requirements of the NCDOT including using MicroStation CAD design software, NCDOT workspaces (including WZTC)
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, including public speaking and presentation skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks or projects and work independently
- An understanding of effectively working with multi-disciplinary projects and teams
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently
- Motivated to assist others
- 2+ years of experience in traffic engineering or traffic control device application and design
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- We regret that we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visas at this time
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 39 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.