Want to use your innovative mindset to create a world class shopping experience for customers around the country? The Traffic Area Manager is a critical operational role that thinks strategically and leads phenomenally to remove obstacles for their team, inspiring them to work with passion. As a change agent and process pro, you’ll be on the front lines of the ever-changing eCommerce industry. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you’ll lead your team in fulfilling our customer promise and empowering people around the country to save more and live better.
You may be the right fit if you have one of the following...
- Associate's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field and 1 year's supervisory experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field
- 1 year's Walmart Logistics Management experience
- 2 years' Walmart Logistics experience OR 2 years' supervisory experience
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re an innovator and problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have a great eye for process flow and can spot bumps in the road
- You’re organized, disciplined and can manage competing priorities
- You’re a master at making complex processes easily understood and executed by a team
- You’re familiar with the ins and outs of fulfillment center operations
- You know how to make a team feel like a family and integrate play into work
- You have high standards, lead by example and can hold a team accountable
- You’re invigorated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing, engaging and inspiring a world class team
- Innovating the eCommerce industry and executing on our Customer Promise
- Living like an entrepreneur – running your business with precision and passion
- An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Manage processing of shipload, purchase orders, inbound containers and claims by monitoring all activities; conducting problems research; and ensuring that all freight is processed correctly.
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on Logistics and company policies, standards and procedures; monitoring associate compliance to policies and procedures; distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Supervise and develop associates and leaders in area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance and providing feedback; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; identifying training and development needs; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates and leaders.
- Facilitate carrier operations by processing and monitoring carrier claims; working with carriers and home office on resolution of claims; scheduling carrier unloads; and resolving concerns and maximizing benefits to the operation of the facility and carrier needs.
- Monitor and manage productivity of area of responsibility by preparing, reviewing and/or analyzing business reports.
- Identify associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns by listening, consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
- Implement the business plan for area of responsibility by communicating goals and managing staffing and scheduling, assigning duties and coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety).
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Walmart eCommerce:
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. If you’re hungry to own your own career and catapult ideas into action, read on.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 260 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.