Traffic and Logistics Coordinator, Chemical - Houston, TX
Chemical Sales Support/ Traffic and Logistics Coordinator (Methanol & Ethanol)
A global leading trading company in downtown Houston is looking for a Sales Support/ Logistics Coordinator with truck & rail experiences. This position is responsible for servicing delivery to trucking & railing customers in North America.
You will coordinate for shipping out from inventory locations and transloading facilities as well as arranging for export and potentially import.
Essential Duties (Not Official: Please ask the interviewer for more details)
• Servicing account and arranging delivery by contracting logistics such as barges, trucks and rails out from our inventory, and coordinate scheduling to deliver the materials to customer’s sites.
• Inventory management by communicating close with sales manager as well as logistics specialist/manager.
• Billing, collecting, accounting input associated with the account.
• Monitoring/managing credit exposure of each customer with commercial managers.
• Good Customer Service to satisfy their needs on top of regular delivery service, by working closely and jointly with sales person in charge.
• Managing billing/payment of freight, demurrage, repair of rail cars and trucks.
• Controlling inventory in both shore and inland storage locations.
• Export and Import regulatory compliance managements and processing.
Houston, TX (Downtown Houston)
$49,000/ year + Bonus
Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation/ Holiday/ Sick Leave
Must have truck & rail experience.
Computer skills including Excel and other Microsoft applications.
Accuracy and Efficiency of conducting job.
Reporting skill to share the information with sales and logistics staffs.
Ability to be proactive/flexible (think a few steps ahead) and make changes in order to prevent and solve the troubles.
Communication skill to give good customer service for customers.
Experience with SAP is must.