PowerCoreis rapidly growing, therefore looking to add a skilled, hands on Traffic Signal Foreman to our traffic control division.
We specialize in: electrical distribution, communications, highway signals and lighting.
This will provide an incredible opportunity for an experienced, hardworking individual to lead, motivate, and manage crews to build and complete new construction and maintenance projects throughout the Florida area.
This position would work & lead a crew involved in the installation, construction, maintenance, and repair of traffic control systems and devices.
Pay is based on experience
Job Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Installation of conduit, wiring, poles, signal heads, controllers, switches, and vehicle detectors, under the direction of a superintendent.
- Installation of fiber optic cables, underground conduit lines, junction boxes, and traffic control devices.
- Remove and repair signal control and auxiliary equipment such as traffic signal controllers and cabinets vehicle and pedestrian head assemblies, and lighting and circuitry devices and systems.
- Adjust, repair, replace, and modify electric, electronic, and mechanical components, controllers, relays, switches, fuses, timers, and other related parts and equipment.
- Install, maintain, and repair, vehicle identification and detection systems.
- Coordinate repairs with contractors and government agencies to ensure work is properly completed within standards and codes.
- Assist in the installation of traffic and streetlight cable
- Housekeeping of work area and work vehicles
- Re-stocking of work vehicles or storage areas
- Perform pre and post vehicle and equipment inspections
- Operates and inspects Traffic Division Aerial Tower Trucks as directed.
- Inspects work areas to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate vehicles or heavy equipment required to complete given tasks
- Travel - Main office is in Melbourne, but work is done throughout Florida. Must be willing to travel up to three nights per week (Mon-Wed).
- Working overnights
Qualifications & Skills
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by vocational/technical training in traffic control systems, traffic safety, and traffic sign construction/installation. Previous experience and/or training involving traffic control systems, traffic safety, traffic sign construction/installation, and general construction trades. TTC/MOT Work Zone Certification preferred. IMSA Level II Traffic Signal Certification and Level I Signs Certification preferred.
CDL - Preferred
PowerCore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation. Females encouraged to apply - Veterans encouraged to apply.
PowerCore maintains a drug free workplace. All candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and employees are subject to random drug testing. Any failure to comply with our drug free standard will be grounds for termination.
PowerCore participates in the Government E-Verify Program. All new employee's information obtained from their Form I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for verification of work eligibility.