TransCore (TCI), a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a Traffic Signal Technician II to join the team in our Tampa, Florida office.
Summary: Installs, modifies, maintains, and repairs all types of traffic signal, electrically or electronically controlled traffic signal installations and intelligent transportation systems; performs field work in the overhauling and adjusting of traffic signal devices; and performs related duties as required.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May supervise the activities of less experienced technicians and/or temporary personnel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots a wide variety of traffic signal cabinet equipment, components and devices; such as traffic signal controllers, MMU’s, conflict monitors, vehicle detectors (e.g. inductive loops, video, magnetometer, microwave detectors), detector cards and racks, pedestrian crossing indicators, etc.
- Understands and verifies proper device and traffic signal cabinet equipment operation; conducts inspections and periodic preventative maintenance as required.
- Performs repair, removal, and replacement of cabinets controllers and other equipment; repairs conduit and pull wires and cables, as needed; performs emergency repairs as needed.
- Traffic control placement in high and low speed environments.
- Performs installation, maintenance, and repair of cabinet wiring, wiring to traffic signal heads, traffic controllers, and solid-state components per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Completes reports, logs and performs shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices.
- Responds to corrective maintenance requests or alarms within an acceptable time frame.
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware, software, and system issues.
- Reports the technical status of the system with accuracy and completeness.
- Restores equipment to operational status as quickly as possible.
- Isolation of faults in units or components.
- Field test of units or components; tests devices to ensure they work correctly.
- Maintenance of spare equipment and parts following established procedures.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license as driving is a requirement of the position.
Required Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Through knowledge of current desktop technologies and communications software, including windows, serial communications and TCP/IP concept.
- IMSA Traffic Signal Technician Level II.
- FL Intermediate MOT Certification.
Desired Technical Skills & Competencies:
- CDL Class B License.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required. One-year Certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 4 - 6 years of related experience.