DeShazo Group is seeking a Project Manager who enjoys a diversity of opportunities to manage traffic engineering, transportation planning, parking analyses and related projects. Clients with whom you will interact in a typical month may include architects, real estate developers, property owners, civil engineers, urban planners, zoning consultants, and lawyers. A typical week may include time in the office managing projects, as well as meeting with clients, visiting project sites, attending neighborhood meetings and speaking before planning and zoning commissions. Many of your projects will be located in North Texas, however, the firm does provide services on occasion in other parts of Texas, as well as the US.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prepare technical reports such as Traffic Impact Analyses and other studies based upon the guidance of Principals of the firm -- tasks include but are not limited to: technical writing; assembling, calculating, and analyzing traffic data; performing traffic operational analysis using Synchro and other traffic engineering programs
- Manage engineering design of traffic signals, roadway lighting, functional intersection design such as roundabouts, deceleration lanes, etc…
- Conduct day-to-day project-related communications with Clients, public agency staff, and other consultants (in person and by email and phone).
- Conduct site reconnaissance visits, attend project meetings, attend public hearings, on an as-needed basis.
- Supervise other engineers and other personnel, and mentor graduate engineers, as needed.
- Assist with and/or prepare proposals for new projects, as well as meet with potential clients.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 9 Paid Holidays
- SEP Program
- BS in civil engineering or similar program. (MSCE plus)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or the ability to get licensed in Texas within six months (PTOE certification is an advantage.)
- A minimum of three years plus of professional experience in Traffic/Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning, or equivalent field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English). (Technical writing experience is a plus.)
- Excellent skills in organization, judgment, and decision-making, task-oriented motivation, individual initiative, active listening, and interpersonal communications
- Proficient in MS Word
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in Synchro
- Texas driver’s license in good standing and personal vehicle for the ability to conduct occasional site visits and other job-related trips.
DeShazo Group provides traffic engineering, transportation planning, parking analysis, and design services to the private sector, institutions, and public clients. Projects comprising our portfolio include retail malls, mixed-use developments, schools, universities, healthcare facilities, housing developments, traffic signal designs and parking garages. The company was founded in 1980 and is based in Dallas, Texas.