- Perform some welding on mild steel
- Perform repair and modification on all styles of trailers as assigned
- Performed repairs on trailer suspensions including heavy duty brakes, drums, cams, slack adjusters, chambers, air valves, etc.
- Maintain allocated time frame on all repairs and modifications.
- Contribute to work assignment from acquired experience and knowledge
- Diagnose and Make recommendations on trailer repairs as required
- Looking for a strong team player with a great attitude
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of ABS and roll stability systems / repairs and installations
- Ability to move trailers in and out of the shop and around the yard with yard truck
- Ability to perform DOT Inspections
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 3+ years experience as trailer mechanic preferred
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work
- Good verbal, written communication skills
- Full range of motion; ability to lift 50 lbs
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and use the hands to finger, handle and reach with arms and hands.
- The employee is frequently required to climb ladders and stairs and to balance, kneel and crouch
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to odors, noise, dust, heat, cold, dirt, wetness and caustic chemicals.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts. At various times during performance of job is required to wear rubber and cut resistant gloves, dust masks, hearing protection, hard hats, safety glasses, goggles, safety shoes and metatarsal guards.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran