Prime's Trailer Rebuild Shop operates shop tools and machinery to facilitate repairs on tractor trailers.
- Fabricate and repair body parts on trailers.
- Replace defective body parts as required to return equipment to factory specifications.
- Perform maintenance tasks including brake changes, services, and general repairs as required to maintain fleet.
- Transfer product from one trailer to another.
- Ability to read and understand repair orders in order to optimize shop space and address all maintenance tasks needing to be performed.
- Perform detailed inspections of equipment in preparation for turn in and/or returning equipment to factory specifications.
- Safely operates overhead crane, fork lift, and shop tools to facilitate trailer repairs.
- Disassembles, re-assembles all trailer parts as necessary to repair damaged areas.
- Diagnose wiring and air supply issues with lite check machine as required to identify and repair problems with braking, ABS, and air systems.
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces part from various kinds of metal stock.
- Verifies completion of all maintenance tasks performed in order to maintain fleet standard.
- Provides good customer service to operators in order to identify problems and expedite repairs necessary to make on time delivery.
- Maintains shop tools as necessary to preserve the life and functionality of company equipment.
- Cleans tools and working area.
- Performs other routine duties.
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Mechanical and welding experience is a plus.
Must have a strong work history and positive attitude. Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends required. Candidate must be able to acquire a rolling toolbox and own tools once the training period has been completed.
Experience, Education, and Training
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires constant standing, handling, and forward reaching; frequent head turning, bending, side reaching and pinching. The candidate will need to lift and carry 100lbs, push 50lbs, and pull 100lbs. Steel toed footwear, and safety glasses are required in the shop.
Both indoor and outdoor working environment with exposure to varying weather conditions and chemical odors. Applicants for the position understand and acknowledge that PRIME implements in active practice a respiratory program that is fully aligned with the prescribed OSHA and related regulatory requirements (as defined in 29 CFR 1910.134).
Applicants for the position understand and acknowledge that PRIME implements in active practice a respiratory program that is fully aligned with the prescribed OSHA and related regulatory requirements (as defined in 29 CFR 1910.134).
Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation to and from work.
Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Prime, Inc.