LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Heavy Duty Diesel Technician to diagnose and maintain diesel tractor operation by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements.
Pay: $18-$22 per hour, depending on experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep equipment available for customer use by completing preventive maintenance schedules and DOT/BIT inspections.
- Diagnose and correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and/or replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verify vehicle performance by conducting or arranging test drives.
- Demonstrate an understanding of federal and state maintenance compliance requirements, including requirements of DOT and BIT.
- Use computer applications to note all aspects of services and repairs.
- Provide a full evaluation of the unit condition and annotate observations in computer applications.
- Communicate frequently with Service Advisor and/or supervisor as directed to update on the timeline of repairs.
- Follow branch's safety and standard operating procedures, and OSHA regulations, with limited supervision.
- Help management keep shop equipment operating by cleaning up after all jobs, returning tools and equipment to the proper place, following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns/notifying supervisor of broken equipment, and maintaining supplies.
- Attend training & departmental meetings and be willing to attend Trade Shows and Conferences.
- Any other duties assigned to support operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3+ year heavy-duty diesel repair experience.
- Postsecondary diesel engine repair training program completion preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying parts and components of diesel truck engines, transmissions, and braking mechanisms.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment and act as a team player.
- Ability to obtain forklift certification (through in-house training).
- CDL or ability to obtain strongly preferred.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must have valid Driver's License.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.