Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
The Customer Service Training and Change Management Associate will focus on driving training programs and change management strategies for the Customer Service organization. Primary responsibilities include supporting the end-to-end implementation and management of training programs and change management strategies, including training needs/impact assessments, curriculum design, development and delivery, and the evaluation of curriculum and content effectiveness. This position will primarily focus on the design, development, creation and delivery of online and face-to-face educational course materials that align to business processes for Customer Service using industry-standard best practices and adult-learning principles. With a secondary focus on the design, development and delivery of both web-based and instructor-led training. Partnering with key stakeholders and business leaders, this role will work to maximize employee adoption and minimize resistance.
- Drives training and change management programs for both organizational and departmental wide process, system, and procedural changes (change impact/user readiness assessments, instructional documentation, change readiness communications, instructor-led training, exercise and hands-on practice development, evaluation and assessment, etc.)
- Conducts assessments with impacted stakeholders to capture gaps in knowledge and processes in order to create actionable communication and training plans and other associated deliverables
- Develops and implements a wide range of educational solutions related to the design, development, and delivery of curriculum for the Customer Service organization, with particular focus on employees impacted by process, system, and procedural change.
- Partners with internal communications and training teams to ensure communications and training are aligned with project strategy, managers and employees. Identify and manage anticipated resistance. Develop and deliver customized learning solutions
- Partners with Customer Service leadership to identify needs for, develop, and deliver job-specific, technical, and other ad-hoc training (examples include training on billing procedures, soft-skill training for call center employees, etc.)
- Owns the design, development, and delivery of training curriculum for the Customer Service organization, with particular focus on employees impacted by and employees impacted by process, system, and procedural change
- Delivers a wide range of educational solutions and training to the Customer Service organization, with particular focus on employees impacted by process, system, and procedural change
- Develops hands-on exercises, classroom activities, and real-world practice for online and face-to-face classes in order to enhance the learner experience
- Provides direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their employees through changes and transitions
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing for technology implementations/upgrades in order to identify defects, recommend enhancements, and become familiar with system procedures for training purposes
- Provides relevant feedback on revision and maintenance needs for user guides, job aids, and electronic training resources
- Responsible for designing, developing and delivering course evaluations and ensures user readiness through numerous channels (e.g. surveys, focus groups, course evaluations, reports)
- Creates, revises, and maintains user guides, job aids, and electronic training resources. Designs online course content and interactive training modules through the use of various learning platforms (e.g. PowerPoint, Articulate/Captivate, Online Help, etc.)
- Evaluates and ensures user readiness through numerous channels (e.g. surveys, focus groups, course evaluations)
- Performs evaluations to ensure effectiveness of delivered communications and training.
- Tracks and reports issues. Defines and measures success metrics and monitors change/adoption progress
- Reviews and maintains knowledge of present procedures, practices, and other departmental background information relative to the assignment.
- Identifies individual and team developmental needs and provides coaching and feedback accordingly
- Partners with other members of the training team to define a revisions and maintenance process for course content based on evaluations and feedback from learners and leadership as well as industry standards and updates to applications and their associated processes and procedures
Bachelor’s degree in Business, I/O Psychology, Adult Education, Instructional Design or a related field with 5 years’ of relevant experience. Certifications often desired.
- Highly proficient in classroom management practices
- Highly experienced in delivering face-to-face application based training
- Experience in delivery of a train-the-trainer program
- Experience and knowledge of adult learning/training principles, methodologies and tools
- Proficient in the use of e-learning tools and software, online platforms, course authoring tools, as well as MS Office
- Highly proficient in the use of learning management systems as well as SharePoint design and development
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal. Excellent active listening skills
- Willingness and desire to keep abreast of new design and facilitation techniques.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; experience with Prosci ADKAR Model is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office and e-learning software; Articulate a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Strong business acumen
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization. Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Change management certification or designation desired. Prosci Certification a plus
- Experience working in a utility and/or customer service organization preferred
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.