We are looking for a Training and Development professional to join our Human Resources team. This newly created position will plan, manage and coordinate the training and development activities for 700+ employees that make up the Mazzella Companies.
You will work with all levels in the organization to ensure that we are developing and training employees in a way that is innovative, collaborative, and effective; creating training initiatives that will enhance employee's skills, performance, and productivity and help to impact a positive Company culture.
• Analyze training needs to develop new programs or modify and improve existing program
• Confer with managers and conduct surveys to identify training needs
• Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvements
• Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs for classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings conferences and workshops
• Manage and coordinate the Apprenticeship Program including organizing, auditing and maintaining all necessary records
• Direct the performance review process and manage internal talent assessment and development
• Prepare training budget for department
• Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational needs
• Develop testing and evaluation procedures
• Educate managers in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees
• Manage on-boarding sessions and arrange on the job training for new hires
• Conduct or arrange for ongoing soft skills training on leadership and personal development of management, staff and production employees
• Ascertain that all training programs for compliance with government standards
• Conduct and/or identifies resources and tools for individual development, such as 360 feedback, coaches, outside leadership programs, etc.
• Collaborate with the Technical Training Manager in evaluating training courses to determine the most effective training methods
• Assist in administrating and advising on best practice on the Corporate LMS and associated processes (i.e. on boarding / off boarding)
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related discipline; in the absence of a degree, directly-related job experience serving in a training role, where a number of years and proven knowledge may offset the degree requirement MBA strongly preferred.
Experience & Skills
• 10+ years in a position related specifically to training or adult education
• Background in manufacturing is preferred
• Excellent leadership skills
• Strong presentation skills to a variety of audiences
• Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
• Requires solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Strong analytical, conceptual and planning skills are required
• Excellent math skills and overall PC literacy (Microsoft Office) are required
• Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to multi-task
• Must successfully complete a criminal background check, physical, drug screen and E-verify