The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Training Program Coordinator position located in Albany, NY.
Under the direction of the Department Manager, this position provides leadership, direction, supervision, and feedback to project teams to conduct activities related to the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of continuing professional education programming for Child Care Licensing and Registrar Staff and Supervisors, Child Care Subsidy Training for Local Department of Social Services Workers, Supervisors and Legally-Exempt Caregiver Enrollment Agency Staff. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: Overseeing projects, personnel, and coordinate project activities to ensure the timely delivery and quality of all training work plans; coordinate with program sponsors; review, develop and maintain curricula and materials; review evaluation data and initiate programmatic revisions/improvements as required; prepare and complete reports as required; other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Adult Education, Child Development, Social Services, Communications, or related field;
- Three years' experience in the development and delivery of curricula in the area of human services based training;
- Demonstrated experience with gathering and considering training evaluation data;
- Working knowledge of recent federal and New York State child care initiatives;
- Thorough knowledge of adult education theory and experience with adult learners;
- 2 years supervisory experience;
- Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal communication skills;
- Applicant must address in their application their abilities and experience in working with a culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities/competing deadlines in a team setting;
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products;
- Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, and the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Adult Education, Child Development, Project Management, or a related field, and a minimum of 2 years' experience in the development and delivery of training curricula in the area of child care/licensing/ and/or child care subsidy;
- Prior experience in project management and/or administration; and
- Working knowledge of New York State Child Day Care and Child Care Subsidy regulations, policies and program requirements.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low $70s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, and a letter of application. Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to submit a writing sample. Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to complete an assignment related to this position's job functions. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to: http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=106265 . Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.