Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01314558 Date posted 05/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The sky has no limits.
We work with an explorer's heart and a perfectionist's grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom. Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
You will be fueled by people like you that bring passion, teamwork and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
Being part of it all, you'll have ample opportunity to use your extraordinary skills crafting the future of flight - and building a truly rewarding career in the process.
This is a rare opportunity for you to join our team at the Commercial Engine training center in East Hartford, Connecticut.
Are you a self starter who thrives in a dynamic environment? If yes, we would love to hear from you!
Your job responsibilities include:
- Instruct Commercial Engine (CE) maintenance training (with a focus on heavy maintenance), to include PurePower Programs (PW1000G), to internal PW customers and external airline customers at the Customer Training Center (CTC) and on-site at the customer's worldwide locations and MRO facilities
- Areas of instruction include: Engine specific familiarization training, line & base maintenance, jet engine fundamentals, heavy maintenance, borescope, engine change, FOD, and human factors training
- Support the commercial training team as a subject matter expert (SME) and act in the capacity as back-up instructor for specifically selected P&W engine models
- Support the design of courseware as the SME in accordance with the P&W CTC Instructional Systems Design (ISD) Process, evaluating course material for content and accuracy, and recording quality escapes to support ACE requirements
- Field customer requests and directing customers to appropriate P&W support personnel
- You will travel both domestic and international - typically 2-3 weeks at a time, accounting for approximately 20%
- Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years' OR an Advanced degree with at least 3 years' work experience
- A minimum of 2 years' technical commercial jet engine maintenance experience
- Knowledge of PW1000G engine maintenance
- 5 + year's of equivalent experience
- Prior experience conducting classroom & hands-on instructional training
- A1 (line & base maintenance) level and B1/B2/B3 (heavy maintenance) level experience
- Human Factors and FOD expertise
- Skilled in Commercial engine systems & troubleshooting
- A passion about working with customers from all cultures
- The desire and patience to work with adult learners
- Ambitious with a positive outlook
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms