GCAM is dedicated to and specializes in the plasma industry. We are a growing company with multiple sites in multiple states, and we have an immediate need for a Training Supervisor at our facility located in Brownsville, TX.
At GCAM, we are looking for those individuals that have a positive “get-it-done” attitude at work, and are looking for the opportunity to grow with a company that contributes to improving people’s health and quality of life. GCAM offers a competitive salary and for our full-time employees a benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage.
Responsible for the effective training and documentation at assigned donor center. Ensure all training is properly completed and documentation of all training activities is in compliance with Regulatory guidelines and approved GCAM Training Program.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Ensure center adherence to GCAM Training Program standards and annual training requirements.
- Work in conjunction with Corporate Training, Management, and Quality to identify and implement corrective measures to eliminate regulatory deficiencies in training.
- Create, maintain and audit employee training files.
- Oversee and coordinate the center’s certification schedule; initial, annual, CPR.
- Monitor and evaluate training effectiveness for assigned center.
- Develop and coordinate training schedules for all new hires (orientation through certification).
- Coordinate New Hire Onboarding Program.
- Prepare and deliver monthly in-service presentations; prepare monthly in-service training agenda for Center Manager.
- Deliver quarterly soft skills training.
- Complete required performance observations to assess employee performance; monthly performance observations completed for certified staff (including DTs), weekly observations completed for Designated Trainers assigned to new hires.
- Monitor and evaluate individual error rates; develop targeted training plans to address deficiencies.
- Coordinate all retraining activities.
- Ensure training and documentation of new SOP implementations and all in-services.
- Oversee the selection and approval process for Designated Trainers; provide final approval of competency to train.
- Directly supervise the Training Coordinator.
- Direct and oversee training activities for Designated Trainers.
- Routinely evaluate DT competency, documentation, knowledge-transfer skills and customer service (internal/external).
- Collect and evaluate data to identify training gaps.
- Work with center trainers and RTM/DCI to enhance the center training program; offer recommendations for improvement.
- Work with the center management team to implement operational changes to enhance center operational effectiveness.
- Participate in regulatory inspections; responsible to answer to the auditor for all center training records and processes.
- Report all training matters to CM and RTM/DCI on a weekly basis (or as needed).
- Provide feedback for the center’s probationary and annual performance review processes.
- Complete performance review process for Training Coordinators; provide Center Management with performance feedback for Designated Trainers.
- Maintain thorough familiarity and compliance with State and Federal regulations, Standard Operating Procedures Manual, Training Manual, OSHA, cGMP, PPTA, CLIA, AABB, GCC requirements and internal company procedures.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and as otherwise posted or communicated.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Must have 1-year supervisory experience (in absence of 1-year experience, must complete 60 hours of professional development courses)
- 3-years industry experience (Plasma or Blood banking) or equivalent
- At least 1-year training experience or 6-months Training Coordinator experience (post-certification) within GCAM
- Current Trainer certification in at least one area (Reception, Donor Floor or Plasma Processing)
- Must obtain certification in all production areas (Reception, Donor Floor, Plasma Processing)
- Must obtain Trainer certification for all production areas (Reception, Donor Floor, Plasma Processing)
- Must be proficient in English, and where applicable, may require bilingual skills
- May require travel – approximately 15%
- Current CPR Card
- Works well independently
- Intermediate level computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Performing the responsibilities of the job requires the ability to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, controls, reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hours), walk, climb, or balance; and to stoop, kneel or crouch. May be required to walk and stand for entire work shifts. Physically able to use and operate equipment used in assessing donor suitability as well as equipment used to harvest plasma. Manual dexterity to perform all phases of plasmapheresis. Ability to lift, tug, and pull up to 50 lbs. Ability to read while standing or sitting in front of a computer for 1-2 hour intervals.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets,and fax machines.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
GCAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Local Candidates Only - No Recruiters, please
Training and Development Manager