Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
We have embarked on building a modern and digital-first transaction banking solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We’re a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury.
Global Payments Product Team sets the strategic direction of Transaction Banking’s Payments Product business as well as builds the core FX payments platform for making and receiving payments around the world. We provide our clients a simple, intuitive, secure, and frictionless experience for domestic, cross-border and cross-currency payments. Simplifying payments making it just as easy to pay someone across the globe as it is to pay someone around the corner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Global Payments Product Manager role is responsible for delivering robust cross border and cross currency payments capabilities to our Corporate clients, and apply continuous customer understanding and context in all our products and experiences. In additional to product development the role will also involve supporting the Transaction Banking Sales teams through the sales cycle (pre-sale and post-sale). The role requires a deep understanding of cross border/cross currency Corporate payment solutions, as well as connectivity and integration solutions for corporate ERP and Treasury Workstations. The role has a strong payments innovation and technical bias and requires the ability to identify, create and pitch client-tailored strategic global payment solutions. Understanding of client challenges/opportunities, industry trends, market pricing and competitive intelligence will be required as inputs into deal strategy and the Payments strategic product roadmap. In addition to solutioning and advisory around global payment best practices, the role will also help define strategic client digital payments process re-engineering recommendations, contribute to business case analyses for clients, and articulate the end-to-end operational efficiencies and benefits of our digital, transparent, and frictionless capabilities in delivering our global payments solutions.
• Function as subject matter expert across global payments solutions, including SWIFT, ACH, RTP and cross-border cross currencies.
• Work directly with Transaction Banking Sales teams and Clients to understand their needs and assist with solution design and implementation
• Prioritize and rationalize roadmap against business needs, longer term platform health and partnership needs
• Partner with product leads across product development lifecycle serving as the voice-of-the-client; assist with concept design, feature development, and preparation for product launch to clients as necessary.
• Document clear user stories and acceptance criteria to collaborate, direct, and inform Design and Technology resources in quick sprint increments
• Translate between business requirements and technology specifications – in both directions: top-down and bottom-up
• Engage with internal product partners to understand the impacts of changes associated with the Global Payments Products, including new processes, tools, communications and training.
• Oversee and coordinate the delivery and launch of platform that enable clients and partner product teams to succeed and drive revenue for the enterprise
• Manage inter-team and technology dependencies to mitigate project and product risks
• Support Sales in responding to complex RFPs, non-standard information requests, and in delivering product demos and best and final solution presentations
• Provide training and support to Sales and business partners on new payments product capabilities
• Provide market feedback to strategy function including client feedback, product gaps, industry and competitive landscape information
• Provide bank representation within key industry standards bodies and workgroups
• Lead client roundtables, white-boarding, design think workshops, etc., as required
• Represent organization at internal and external client conferences and trade shows
What we are looking for:
• Proven experience in and passion for building with engineering and shipping great products – this means you will need to understand and live by scrum methodologies and deliver customer value every sprint
• 5+ years of Treasury/Cash Management product management/development experience, with a focus on end to end global cross currency payments process and strong payments industry knowledge
• Experience with FX products and understanding of FX Markets
• Technical expertise and experience of ISO 20022 and SWIFT standards across payments and cash management domains
• Working knowledge of key ERP (AP, AR and Treasury) functions and Treasury Management Systems (TMS)
• Ability to understand and articulate customer needs and turn requirements into actionable solutions
• Exceptional communication skills- someone who is an engaging storyteller and is at ease presenting to executives
• Blend of both strategic and tactical thinking- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
• Ability to mobilize internal networks and resources
• Ability to generate ideas, identify and drive the development of new business
• Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
• Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
• Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
• Comfortable in the fast lane: Experience with driving rapid team and product growth
• Mission Driven: Must be a strong believer in the team and mission
• Inclusive Culture: Considerate to the cultural differences of team and a diverse user-base
• Forward thinking: Anticipation of organizational needs for efficiency
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity