Carrington Capital Management in Greenwich, CT, is an alternative asset management firm focused on control-based investing in the U.S. real estate, mortgage and fixed income markets. Through the mortgage loan servicing and property management operating affiliates, CCM is uniquely positioned to offer investment products that benefit from the operational resources and knowledge capital that flow across the Carrington platform.
The Transaction Management Analyst will support the general operations of transaction management, servicer oversight, and loan operations. Analyze collateral and recommend which pools/loans should be purchased; perform related due diligence. Identify, cure and solve collateral deficiencies to perfect Company’s lien position. Maintain collateral documents in real estate loan pools.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze collateral associated with pools being evaluated for purchase and determine whether each loan should be purchased or dropped from pools.
- Participate in due diligence review and acquisition of mortgage loan pools to determine if pools/loans are suitable for purchase.
- Determine suitability of exceptions and changed information from counterparties.
- Cure title deficiencies and work with internal parties, sellers, title agents, and/or former lien holders, their successors or assigns to determine both the correct chain of title and recommend/implement plan for correction.
- Remedy all collateral document deficiencies for loans sales due to us.
- Research, review and reconcile collateral documents.
- Manage collection of all trailing documents.
- Monitor and provide missing documentation for loans sold to various investors.
- Provide updates and reports to management on status of collateral document deficiencies.
- Reconcile custodial reports with internal reporting system.
- Ensure documentation is organized and secure at all times.
- Process daily collateral shipments received.
- Other duties as assigned.
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- Agile and Resourceful. You effortlessly shift gears and come up with workable solutions to problems.
- Thoughtful and Perceptive. You like to come up with new ideas, and can focus on both the minor details and big picture.
- Quality Focused and Industrious. You’re passionate about maintaining high standards and delivering results.
What you’ll need:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong analytical experience required.
- Experience in back office operations in a Wall Street environment/company strongly preferred.
- Experience in the mortgage industry preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer