Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare is a fully integrated health system that includes a tertiary-care teaching hospital, an acute-care community teaching hospital, an acute-care hospital and trauma center, three community hospitals, the state’s most extensive behavioral health network, a large multispecialty physician group, a regional home care system, an array of senior care services, a large physical therapy and rehabilitation network and an accountable care organization. Through its institute model, Hartford HealthCare offers the highest standards of care for cancer, heart and vascular services, neuroscience, orthopedics and urology.
The Transactional and Contracts Attorney will work with the member organizations within the Hartford HealthCare system on matters concerning business and physician transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, employment agreements, clinical service agreements and other affiliations and non-clinical contracts, including purchase and supply agreements, service agreements, software license agreements, laboratory arrangements, student affiliation agreements, equipment purchase agreements, state contracts, BAAs, sponsorship arrangements and a myriad of other contractual arrangements. The Transactional & Contracts Attorney will work in a collaborative environment in service to the mission of a growing healthcare system.
- Provide legal representation for Hartford HealthCare with respect to transactions including: negotiating and advising on transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, exclusive provider agreements, co-management arrangements and clinical professional services agreements and related contracts
- Handle and oversee transactional projects, including conducting due diligence and drafting transactional documents
- Take lead on contractual arrangements including drafting, revising and, negotiating terms of vendor and other contracts
- Advise business owners of contractual terms and their implications; provide guidance on risks and alternatives for quick resolution of issues; identify and escalate issues to as appropriate
- Provide legal analysis and advice concerning health care regulatory compliance, physician-hospital relationships, and a wide variety of healthcare business and operational issues, including the provision of and payment for healthcare services, including, but not limited to the Stark Law, and the Anti-kickback Statute
- Work with minimal supervision, work well on a team, demonstrate excellent communication, and develop new areas of competency as needs may arise
- Utilize excellent judgment, client counseling, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills
- Serve as a subject matter expert, educational resource, and strategic adviser, to HHC business leaders and colleagues on all aspects of healthcare transactions and contracts
Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school with a license to practice law in Connecticut or ability to become an active member in one year, and outstanding academic credentials
Five plus years of relevant experience with emphasis on transactional, contractual and healthcare matters
Proficiency in legal research, including Lexis, Westlaw & other research tools, as well as technology used in operations, such as contract and document management
Experience with Stark Law and Anti-kickback Statue is a plus
Experience with mergers and acquisitions, employment agreements, and non-compete restrictions
Strong analytical, inter-personal, drafting, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
Previous experience with academic medical centers, physician group practices, and/or health care delivery systems either in-house or at a large law firm preferred
Collegial, possesses mature interpersonal skills and is able to quickly adapt to changing demands
Writing samples and references will be requested
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.