Methodist Hospital Northeast
Laboratory Department/Clerical & Other Administrative
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion forhealthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced,patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory Department. Submit your application today!
Weoffer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitivesalary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in ourteam and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Transcriptionist who will be responsible for accurately transcribing all pathology, autopsy, and cytology reports generated by the pathologists; maintaining the dictation and transcription equipment; typing or transcribing other documents for pathologists and supervisory personnel; assuming accountability for own work; assisting and teaching others; and other duties as requested.
What you will do in this role:
1. Transcribes all pathology, cytology, and autopsy reports dictated by the pathologists. Maintains a pathology consult file for retrieval purposes.
2. Prints and distributes pathology reports to appropriate destinations: in-patient reports to the Nursing Unit, out-patient reports to the Physician.
3. Performs routine maintenance procedures on word processing and dictation equipment using manuals or calls for service personnel.
4. Prints and follows up on Outstanding and Pending Specimen Reports. May scan reports for archival recall.
5. Transcribed reports will be accurate in typing, spelling, terminology, and grammar; neat, and conform to hospital format guidelines and department policies.
6. Transmits transcribed medical reports according to requested schedule.