Job TitleTransfer Station Operator/Laborer
Requisition Primary LocationOmaha, Nebraska
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for Transfer Station Operator/Laborer at our Green Acres Transfer Station.
- Under general supervision, operates tipper. May also include forklifts and front skid steer loaders. Also will have other duties including picking up garbage, cleaning machines, and directing traffic.
- Operates various equipment for general site and other related assignments.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; preferred
- Willing to load and unload trucks, semi trailers and export containers.
- Required to learn and willing to operate baling machines
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Operate several pieces of light equipment throughout the work day
- Work in a fast paced, team environment
- Work outdoors in all types of weather
- Follow safe operating practices
- Learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
- Write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments
- Candidates that meet our minimum job requirements
- Possess a satisfactory driving record
- Have one year of previous experience operating light equipment
- Previous landfill experience a plus BUT not required!
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).