- Do you want to help shape the future of the consulting industry?
- Do you want to work with Bain's most senior stakeholders on a key Global priority?
- Do you want the variety and dynamism of a start-up environment within the comfort of a major management consultancy?
Bain & Company is one of the world's leading global business consulting firms, serving clients across six continents. It was founded in 1973 on the principle that consultants must measure their success in terms of their clients' financial results. Bain's clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. With offices in all major cities, Bain has worked with over 4,150 major multinational and other corporations from every economic sector, in every region of the world.
A career at Bain & Company will provide the opportunity to learn in a collaborative teaming environment, drive impact to support our 'Results' mission statement. The firm has a passionate and rich culture that offers an unparalleled business experience that can carry throughout a career. We hire dynamic individuals that are dedicated to achieving both personal and professional goals. To learn more about the firm, please visit www.bain.com.
Support and Enable the Next-Generation of Consulting Tools:
Bain's Next-Generation Product Management (NGPM) team has been set up to help Industry and Capability practice areas turbocharge their Intellectual Property in new ways, including through use of technology tools (Technology Product Management), Benchmarks, and new Delivery models.
The Technology Product Management team within NGPM works with Bain Practice areas to develop software tools that take Bain beyond traditional PowerPoint and Excel as the core tools. The result is a greater ability to sell cases effectively, serve clients efficiently, and drive capability transfer. In short, it is about better results that enhance our clients' and our own competitiveness.
Examples of technology products recently launched by the NGPM team include the Bain Results Accelerator, the Bain Org. Integrator and the Bain Org. Architect
The Technology Product Management team and the Results Delivery Practice are seeking a Senior Specialist to reinforce the team and provide support and advice to case teams looking to use tools for Results Delivery or Accelerated Transformation cases. (e.g. the Bain Results Accelerator). We will consider candidates who are based in Chicago (preferred) or Boston or are willing to relocate to there.
- Enable consulting case teams and clients deliver results in implementation and (accelerated) transformation cases using Bain’s process/program management tools (e.g. Bain Results Accelerator)
- Manage the set-up and configuration of program management tools, working with case teams, Practices, software vendors and clients
- Train and onboard case teams and clients on how to use program management tools
- Help troubleshoot any issues with program management tools during case delivery
- Increase awareness and adoption of Results Delivery software tools and the broader Results Delivery and Accelerated Transformation toolkits within Bain
- Identify and synthesize tool improvement opportunities
- Troubleshoot and escalate technical problems related to tool implementation
Technology Tool Selection and Enhancements
- Understands the Bain Results Delivery and Accelerated Transformation toolkits, and uses this to advise consulting case teams and clients on which Software tools to use for specific client situations, in conjunction with practice tool owners
- Supports case teams to assess feasibility of software tools given client’s technology infrastructure
- Collects, aggregates, and synthesizes user feedback to support the practices in developing and prioritizing tool enhancements and roadmap
- Works closely with the tool vendor(s) to triage/support client-specific enhancements, develop Bain-specific enhancements, and understand/influence update roadmap to better align tools with Bain Intellectual Property
Case Team Training
- With the NGPM Technology Product Management team and the Practices, develops and refines case team training manuals, user guides, and instructional videos
- Manages demo site and delivers demos to consultants and to end-client users
- Trains new users on typical product lifecycle, processes and Bain best practices following case kick off
Project management and Hands-On Support
- Advises case teams on how to use full tool capabilities
- Manages set-up and configuration process of program management tools working with case teams, Practices, software vendors and clients
- Monitor tool usage across tool deployments and anticipate any roadblocks for users
- Supports consulting case team ad-hoc with technical issues related to tool implementation, including at the client site when required
- Serves as first-line support for user queries and delegates/escalates issues to other tools support staff, tool owner or vendor as appropriate
- Coordinates and performs user-acceptance testing for new tool releases and updates
Technology Product Awareness and Adoption
- Prepares marketing videos and collateral for internal tool marketing as well as client proposals
- Provides new/pipeline case teams with relevant examples from previous tool users (e.g. dashboard screenshots, training materials, executive presentations)
- Supports tracking of active and pipeline cases, and generates periodic reports on technology tool usage
- Monitors financial and usage profile of tools
- Coordinates with teams to capture and disguise tool-relevant documentation after Bain team engagement has ended
- Bachelor's Degree with some focus in quantitative analytics/business
- Experience or interest in business transformations
- Experience in project management
- Experience with use of project or program management tools
- Ability to quickly pick up and apply complex topics
- Strong abilities in problem definition and problem solving
- Excellent oral, written, and PowerPoint communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in diverse and distributed teams
- Ability to work well with all levels within Bain and at client
- Ability to lead interactions with senior stakeholders (at Bain or Client)
- Facility to discuss technical issues with a non-technical audience
- Comfort working independently and/or remotely from supervisors in a fast-paced environment
- Software product management and support experience
- Experience of project management in the context of business transformations
- Management consulting experience, particularly in Results Delivery/implementation