Providence is calling a Transitions Case Manager - LCSW (Full time/Day shift) to Providence California Regional Services in Burbank, CA.
We are seeking a Transitions Case Manager - LCSW who will work in a busy environment with a responsibility to communicate with patients, health plans and medical groups. Will work directly with patients and key personnel at each ministry, Care Management, insurance companies, and with our community partners, as needed.
This person exercises considerable initiative and judgment while providing excellent customer service. Follow-up and follow-through are imperative attributes of the TCM-LCSW. This person has a thorough knowledge of services provided throughout the Providence continuum and acts as a resource to the community.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Key Position Accountabilities
- The TCM-LCSW will provide key outbound communication to patients and health plans/insurance companies documenting conversations
- The TCM-LCSW will communicate with Health Plans based on clinical information to identify resources and to assist in developing a care plans
- The TCM-LCSW will assist with the addition and regular maintenance of Providence service line database for the entire Southern California region
- Participate as a member of the Edie Team at the ministry, attends meetings and is assigned patients
- Provide the community with physician referrals to staff physicians at PHS Medical Centers in Southern California. Will provide these referrals via multiple channels (phone, email, chat and at events in the community)
- Interact in a personalized and professional manner to promote a highly visible, favorable and consistent impression of PHS through active listening, open communication and flexibility in responding to defined needs in a timely and accountable manner
- Care Management
- Facilitate communication and coordination between members of the health care team, involving the client in the decision-making process in order to minimize fragmentation in the services
- Educate the client, the family or caregiver, and members of the health care delivery team about treatment options, community resources, insurance benefits, psychosocial concerns, case management, etc., so that timely and informed decisions can be made
- Empower the client to problem-solve by exploring options of care, when available, and alternative plans, when necessary, to achieve desired outcomes
- Encouraging the appropriate use of health care services and strives to improve quality of care and maintain cost effectiveness on a case-by-case basis
- Assist the client in the safe transitioning of care to the next most appropriate level
- Strive to promote client self-advocacy and self-determination
- Advocate for both the client and the payer to facilitate positive outcomes for the client, the health care team, and the payer. However, if a conflict arises, the needs of the client must be the priority
- Collaborate with ministry care management teams by providing transitions care management services; facilitate team conferences at the ministry; and participate in educational in-services at the ministry
- Accept and perform other duties as assigned