At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Tumor Microenvironment Thematic Research Center (TME TRC) is focused on developing therapeutic targets at the intersection of tumor, stromal and immune biology within the TME with the goal of enhancing responsiveness to checkpoint blockade and targeted therapies. Comprising of scientists across multiple disciplines we are responsible for the biology and translational science necessary to support drug development from target identification through to first in human studies.
We are seeking a highly motivated flow cytometrist with significant translational (and preferably clinical), industry experience to lead the newly formed Flow Cytometry team. This team is responsible for all flow cytometry based biomarker assays from program inception through First in Human studies, in alignment with clinical development objectives, as well as clinic-ready target engagement and pharmacodynamics biomarker assays for TME TRC programs. The data generated from this team will influence a broad array of decisions around dose optimization, indication prioritization, and potential drug combinations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, validation, and execution of translational flow cytometry assays; such as receptor number quantitation, patterns of expression ion cell subsets across species, interact directly with scientific stake holders for assay planning and data delivery with interpretation; oversee the quality of flow cytometry data generated; provide subject matter advice to teams in the selection of antibody panels and panel constituents; and line manage 2 members of the Translational Flow Cytometry team. The candidate will interact and collaborate with scientists within Translational Development, Clinical Development, Discovery, Translational Bioinformatics, and our external business partners both Academic and CRO. The successful candidate must be able to set and understand priorities in a local and matrixed environment, must be a team player with a collaborative spirit, and capable of building and maintaining networks within and outside the organization.
- PhD in a scientific field (Immunology, Oncology, Biology or similar) plus 6+ years of experience in industry, contract research organization, or pharma setting
- Must be an expert in flow cytometry assay design, development, trouble shooting, validation and implementation on a broad array of platforms
- Demonstrate expertise with complex flow cytometry and its data is a must with the use of commercial flow cytometry software including BD FACS Diva, FlowJo, FCS Express, Cytobank, ViSNE, TiSNE, etc.
- Hands-on experience with the BD LSRFortessa, BD Symphony, Cytek Aurora
- Significant experience managing a diverse team in high pressure situations
- Ability to clearly communicate and operate in a highly matrixed environment
- Proven track record of handling multiple high priority tasks in parallel with internal and external collaborators
- Prior line management experience
- Demonstrated history of developing careers of others
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in highly matrixed environment
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence strategic directions of organizations
- History of scientific accomplishments
- CRO experience, knowledge of CLIA/GCLP practices is a plus, but not a must
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.