Performs duties that include record keeping, quality control, and maintenance as they pertain to crude oil transloading. Responsible for the set up and break down of gantries, performing QA, and facility cleanliness as well as care of customer and company property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned as necessary)
- Responsible for placing all control valves in the proper position to allow product to flow from railcar to the pipeline. Under certain circumstances and with proper approval and supervision will be required to monitor product flow from railcar to trailer. Also responsible for closing all valves when they are not in use.
- Responsible that the gantry set-up and break down procedures as well as QA processes are performed as outlined in the USD operating procedures manual.
- Will be required to perform maintenance on gantries and other equipment (e.g. tighten loose bolts, grease bearings, etc.)
- Must sign out equipment with the correct date and time and report any defects of equipment to the Site Leader immediately.
- Must perform opening, closing, and railcar inspections with the correct date and time and print name next to the items inspected.
- Responsible for keeping office area, vehicles, toolboxes, and facility grounds clear of trash.
- Required to perform housekeeping duties such as surface cleaning, sweeping, mopping, taking out the trash, and cleaning the vehicles.
- Perform gantry inspections and submit inspection forms to ACL.
- Report any spills or at risk conditions to the Crew Leader no matter how minor.
- Clean any nuisance spills.
- Under all circumstances must take every action possible to prevent injury, incident, or damage to personnel, equipment, and property whether it is Railserve or USD property.
- Must wear PPE (personal protective equipment).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, preferred or recommended. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred.
- Military experience is helpful.
- Must be able to work outdoors in any weather condition.
- Must be able to work during any shift, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to deal with standard problems that occur in rail car transloading as they occur.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and may be required to work nights, holidays, and weekends. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer.