Wishing you could have an ownership stake in the company you are working for? Founded in 1898, Burns & McDonnell is an award-winning engineering, architectural, construction environmental and consulting services firm. We are a 100% employee-owned company, with regional and project offices nationwide. Burns & McDonnell plans, designs, constructs and manages projects all over the world with one mission in mind -- to make our clients successful.
Burns & McDonnell has an exciting opportunity in our Transmission and Distribution Group for an Overhead Transmission Project Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Providing technical leadership, direction, and support for an overhead transmission design team on projects ranging from 69kV to 500kV
- Mentoring, coaching, and developing team members
- Serving as the primary technical point of contact for the client
- Implementation of quality control processes
- Supporting proposal development
- Leading coordination and communication of project requirements and schedule needs across disciplines
- Identification and communication of technical risks associated with projects
- Oversight of production work required to meet deliverable milestones
- Identifying, developing, and communicating processes and tools to increase efficiency across team and department
- Creating, improving, facilitating and teaching training courses to the project team and department
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients as well as provide technical leadership, guidance and instruction to project teams.
Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from accredited program. 7 years related transmission line design experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience). Professional engineering license (PE). Ability to effectively lead project teams. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience in scheduling and budgeting. Proficiency with PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE. Consulting or utility experience preferred.