Job Posting: Molecular Biologist
Job Type: Full-Time
Location:US Huntsville, Alabama
About Transomic Technologies:
Transomic was formed in 2011 for the purpose of supplying life science researchers with next-generation gene modulation tools derived from the latest advancements in biotechnology. Today, Transomic has an extensive inventory of CRISPR-Cas9 gene-editing tools, RNAi tools for gene knockdown, and gene overexpression systems. Our extensive portfolio of genomic tools, combined with genomic services that are tailored to advance our customers' research, makes Transomic a top genomic solutions company. We currently serve pharma, biotech, and academic researchers across the globe.
The Senior Management and Scientific Collaborators to aid in the development of new gene modulation tools and services. This would be a great opportunity to move from the academic setting to a commercial setting.
- Manage all vector cloning processes and order fulfillment pipelines
- Use software tools for sequence analysis, vector construction, and data management
- Continually improve processes to keep team working efficiently
- Oversee the work of lab members
- Manage process to track inventory and schedule restocking events
- Report order and project status to team on a routine basis
- Aid in the development of new products and services supporting Transomic's business strategy
- Coach and train manufacturing team and sales team
- Advise customers/researchers using Transomic products.
- Master's degree is preferred but will consider bachelor's degree with high level of experience.
- Must have an expert understanding of various molecular cloning strategies and 3+ years of hands-on experience.
- Knowledge of CRISPR-Cas9 systems, NGS, vector construction, lentivirus packaging, cell culture, and gene synthesis/cloning.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors/Mental Functions
ADA Requirements The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer - All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for prolonged periods (50% of the time).
- Occasionally move about the office (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.).
- Constant use of common office equipment (e.g. computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
- Close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Perform work in an indoor office environment with controlled temperature.
- Tolerate moderate noise level (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Continuous mental and visual attention.
- Ability to focus on tasks despite interruptions and open cubicle environment.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English language.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Read and interpret information and documents.
It is the policy of TransOMIC, in accordance with all applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.