Einstein Healthcare Network has provided compassionate, high-quality healthcare to anyone in need since 1866. We began with what was, in the late 1800's, a remarkable and forward-thinking creed: to provide medical care to "the sick and wounded without regard to creed, color or nationality." Our primary mission remains true to the founders’ intent. With our more than 500 employed specialty and primary care physicians, Einstein is able to provide the full spectrum of service to our community, from primary though quaternary care. Our primary service area is North Philadelphia whose population has significant medical needs and other challenges. Einstein is known for its mission of commitment to community and has gained a reputation for excellence, compassion and innovation. The Division of Hepatology at Einstein Healthcare Network is seeking a full time Transplant Hepatologist to join our program, currently staffed by 3 hepatologists and 4 transplant surgeons. Einstein is the home of one of Philadelphia's longest standing and most successful liver transplant programs in the region. Join us; make a difference.
EHN is a private, not-for-profit, academic medical center which sponsors a large internal medicine residency program and fellowships in all subspecialties. We have several major facilities and outpatient centers located throughout the Philadelphia region- including Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park, Moss Rehab Hospital, and Einstein Medical Center Montgomery.
- MD or DO From an Accredited Program - Required
- Completion of an Accredited Internal Medicine Residency - Required
- Completion of an accredited Gastroenterology Fellowship - Required
- Board Certified in Gastroenterology and Certified or Board Eligible in Transplant Hepatology - Required
- Appropriate Licenses and Certifications - Required
- Cultivate a Practice Focused on the Care of Patients with Advanced Liver Disease
- Develop an Area of Clinical Expertise and Interest Contributing to the Growth of the Division.
- Must be Eligible for Academic Appointment at Jefferson University / Sidney Kimmel Medical College.
- 15 -20 Patients Per Day
- Hep C, Cirrhotics, Liver Failure, Transplant
- 8a - 5p
- 1 Weekday Call a Month, Weekend Cover 2 Hospitals 1 Weekend Every 10 -12 Weeks
- Busy Growing Practice / Good Relationships with Staff / Good Work/Life Balance
- Exceptional Survival Rates for Transplant (Best in the Region)
- Work with Residents and Fellows on Primary Liver Service and On Call Assistance
- Daily Resident Rounds / Student Rotations Inpatient Service / Fellows and Residents Participate in Outpatient Clinic
- Scholarly Work/Research Opportunities Available
Positions are available in:
- Salary is Based Upon Experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Pension Plan, 403(b), 457, Structured Portfolio Investment Plans
- PTO (32)
- CME (5), $3000 Allowance
- Sick Leave (12)
- Long-Term Disability
- Malpractice Insurance w/ Tail
- Life Insurance
- Verizon / AT&T Discount 22%
Philadelphia is a vibrant and diverse city with vast amount of culture and history. With Washington D.C. and New York in close proximity, Philadelphia is an affordable city in the Northeastern United States. Philadelphia offers world class educational institutions, medical facilities, museums, entertainment, sports venues and restaurants.Please Google the following websites:
- Visit Philadelphia – Provides information on events, restaurants, hotels, museums, music, performing arts and historic sites in and around the city.
- City of Philadelphia – The official website of the city of Philadelphia offers information about resident services, property, licenses, permits, utilities and city-wide initiatives.
- PHL Diversity – Showcases the city’s vibrant multicultural communities by providing multicultural events, exhibits, restaurants, places of worship and organizations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.