Dispatcher must provide assistance and excellent customer service to individuals contacting Transport department for transport services, or other needs. Dispatchers will receive calls and dispatch transporters to the appropriate locations for patient transport and pick up. Dispatchers must have the ability to utilize the on line beeper system and radio to provide emergency communications as necessary to transporters, nursing units and laboratory.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, telephone etiquette, be poised and have the ability to remain calm under emergency or pressure situations.
- Must be able to multitask independently and work in a high stress environment.
- Individual must have the ability to manage activity and maintain accountability of activity through an organized documentation process.
- Operate communication systems, such as telephone, beeper and two-way radio.
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls and/or taking messages as necessary
- Assist in other areas such as environmental and linen services with calls and documents.
- Must have the ability to use the computer, collect transport data and file documents.
- Page individuals to inform them of telephone calls, using paging and interoffice communication equipment.
- Relay and route written and verbal messages.
- Place telephone calls or arrange conference calls as instructed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum Work Experience
Customer service experience and 1 year Dispatch experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Must be willing to work holidays, weekends and provide additional coverage as needed.