Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Transport Driver position is responsible for safely operating a tractor-trailer vehicle, loading, unloading, reloading product, deliver of product to designated locations. Follows all safety procedures as set forth by the Company.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Great starting pay: $17.76/hour!
- Pay increase to $22/hour after 90 days!
- Excellent benefits package
- Growing organization & increased demand for products
Transport Driver Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Report to work on time when scheduled. Will be required to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime based upon business needs. May be scheduled to work extra days.
- Accountable for the proper count and verification of all incoming and outgoing product loads and returns. Must be able to do basic math.
- Associate is required to load equipment from the sale centers and count the number of dollies, blue baskets and grey baskets that are being brought back on the trailer and document the equipment being returned.
- Maintains cleanliness of tractor interior.
- Report any issues of problems encountered during the execution of duties to Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Associates subject to weather conditions including snow and ice as well as temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
- Required to properly wear company issued PPE up to and including safety shoes and bump cap.