Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Transport Driver in Jacksonville, FL!!
Home Every Night – Benefits –Stability
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas’ customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on…
The primary function of this position is to drive 1 ton to 45’ tractor trailer to transport industrial, specialty and medical gas cylinders to and from specified destinations.The Transport Driver verifies load manifest, loads/unloads truck, performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order; as well as maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
Inspect vehicle before and after use according to DOT and company maintenance checklist.
- Upload, deliver and download safely to customers hardgood orders as well as cylinders containing compressed gases; return empty cylinders to plant for refilling.
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Comply with all DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Maintain appropriate drivers license.
- Assist with special applications such as tube trailers and bulk tankers.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required.
- Assist with inventory and/or filling cylinders, when necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Class A CDL with HazMat and Tanker endorsements & airbrakes
One year driving experience and/or driving school training.
Accident Free/Point Free driving record of at least 5 years.
- Industry and related product knowledge, as well as experience handling compressed gases, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Is at least 21 years old.
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 10 hours; frequent bending also required.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime if necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 30 to 100 degrees.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability