Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. We offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
Location: Sunnyslope Campus
Reports To: Transport and Cat Programs Supervisor
Transport animals and supplies to and from off-site adoption locations, shelter facilities and media/adoption events by driving AHS vehicles. Transport animals to certain non-AHS locations as needed. Assist other departments in transportation needs as directed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Select, load-up, transport and deliver animals for off-site, South Mountain, and media/adoption events.
- Review vehicle and equipment and report any issues to supervisor.
- Handle animals properly and ensure humane transport for any animals in medical need.
- Drive safely and ensure that animals are kept in safe and humane conditions while being transported.
- Provide additional assistance to shelter personnel as needed, including transportation of animals to non-AHS facilities, delivery of mail, and delivery of supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver's license
- Six months to year of prior work experience
- Experience with animal handling preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language Able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Technical Data entry and Outlook
Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to drive vehicles, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds to a height of 4 feet. There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.0