POSITION SUMMARY: Transport animals to and from off-site adoption locations, shelter facilities and media/adoption events by driving AHS vehicles. Transport animals to certain non-AHS locations as needed. Assist other departments in transportation needs as directed. Days TBD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pick up, transport and deliver animals for off-site, South Mountain, and media/adoption events.
- Review vehicle and equipment and report any issues to maintenance department.
- Handle animals properly and ensure humane transport for any animals in medical need.
- Drive safely and ensure that animals are kept in safe and humane conditions while being transported.
- Provide additional assistance to shelter personnel as needed, including transportation of animals to non-AHS facilities, delivery of mail, and delivery of supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Alternative Placement, Transport and Warehouse Manager.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Six months to one year prior work experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to safely handle animals in all conditions.
- Familiarity with computer data entry is preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be willing to be conversant with current euthanasia procedures.
- Valid Driver's License and ability to safely drive AHS vehicles.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English and complete paperwork accurately and legibly; Spanish language helpful.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical skills.
Computer Skills: Able to learn software programs as necessary.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance is required. Access to reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to drive vehicles, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds to a height of 4 feet. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.