Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
TOP REASONS TO CHOOSE BIMBO BAKERIES USA:
• Competitive starting rate $$
• Retirement Pension Plan
• BBU wellness program available
• PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
Responsible for safely operating a tractor-trailer vehicle and loading, unloading, delivering product to designated locations. Must possess a valid CDL, Class A driver’s license for the state of residence with acceptable record: knowledge of and compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as well as State and Local Department of Motor Vehicle regulations. Record and maintain documents required by the company and DOT.
• Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all federal, state, local and company regulations, laws and programs.
• Attendance and punctuality are required. Work schedule may include weekends, holidays and split days off. Will be required to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime based upon business needs.
• Load, unload and reload trailers with product and/or equipment. May be required to breakdown product and equipment.
• Utilize powered industrial material handling equipment in a safe manner. Comply with related operational safety regulations including licensing requirements.
• Application and operation of vehicle safety equipment (including, but not limited to tire chains) in adverse weather conditions or terrain. Willingness to work with various departments.
• Comply with all company policies.
• Operate tractor-trailer safely following FMCSR and DMV regulations. Comply with FMCSR record keeping requirements including but not limited to Driver’s Daily Record of Duty Status, Vehicle Inspections, and related necessary documents.
• Reports any safety issues, concerns or problems encountered during the execution of duties to Department Manager/Supervisor.
• Maintain cleanliness of tractor interior.
• Positive customer service skills.
• Other related duties as assigned.