This is a part time position that will require work on weekends only.
Location: Riverside, California area
Do you love animals? Are you interested in helping to save the lives of homeless pets? Join the Best Friends team as a Transport Driver and help us save the lives of homeless pets on the west coast!
Position Summary: Best Friends is looking for a Transport Driver to join our team and help relocate rescued dogs and cats from southern California to Oregon as part of our Pacific Region Transport Program. This person will travel each weekend from Saturday morning through Sunday evening to pick up animals from various locations in southern and central California and drop them off with our partners in Eugene, Oregon. Each trip will require an overnight hotel stay and expenses will be covered by Best Friends.
- Drive a Thomas Cummins C2 bus during transports from the Riverside, California area to Eugene, Oregon as part of our Pacific Region Transport Program.
- Work with local rescue partners and shelters throughout Southern and Central Californiato safely and properly load and offload up to 100 animals to and from the transport vehicle.
- Ensure that the vehicle is properly maintained and clean prior to each transport, during, and once the transport is complete in preparation for the next transport.
- Communicate throughout the trip estimated times of arrival (ETAs) to the Transport Manager and partners.
- Other duties assigned by the Transport Manager.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A Class B Commercial Driver's License is required. A bus and/or air brake endorsement preferred.
- Driver will be required to comply with all State and Federal rules and regulations regarding the operation of commercial vehicles in interstate commerce.
- Driver must meet Best Friends company driver qualification standards.
- Role requires overnight travel and long hours of traveling.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to drive vehicles of all sizes, such as an extended transit and 40 foot bus, for extended periods of time over the course of several days.
- Must be able to routinely lift 40-50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.