Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state-of-the-art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
· Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
o Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
o Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
o Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
o Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
o Initiates use of restraints per hospital policy and procedures. Demonstrates commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintains competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
o Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific).
· Consistently develops an appropriate plan of care for patient from admission to
o Develops, prioritizes, and documents a plan of care that is individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant other in goal setting per unit standards.
o Demonstrates knowledge and ability in the preparation of patients for tests, procedures and surgeries ordered.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must be able to use a high level of abstract reasoning to assess patient, evaluate interventions, and revise plan of care according to patient outcomes.
· Basic computer skills – must be able to navigate Microsoft windows based programs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Transport Nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Three years of experience in an emergency department OR 2 years of experience in a critical care unit which may include CV-ICU/ICU/CL/CCU/Neuro ICU
· Five years of patience care experience
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· OB and Peds experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Active Florida RN or ARNP license required upon hire.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon hire.
· Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification upon hire.
· PALS certification within 90 days of hire date.
· Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification (CPI) within 6 months of hire date.
· 4 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then 2 hours annually.
· NIHSS Certification within 6 months of hire date, then renewed biannually.
· 4 hours Hip & Knee Replacement Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Emergency RN/Critical Care RN (CEN/CCRN)
· Instructor status in one certification (ACLS, PALS, or TNCC)
· Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) Transport RN certification
· TNCC, ENPC, NRP certifications
Under general supervision of the ED Director, the Transport Nurse is responsible for the safe transport of critically ill patients, working jointly with appropriate staff (EMT, CCEMT-P, EMT-P) in patient care decisions. Completes and documents patient assessments, treatments, medication, reactions as per department protocols and FH policy. Adheres to all safety requirements while transporting patients, in and around vehicles/aircraft. Communicates patient updates to physicians with hand of care to receiving RN and appropriate triage of urgency. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.