Transportation Business Analyst
Our client is seeking a highly motivated and improvement oriented Business Analyst with extensive experience in Transportation Management, functional knowledge of TMS software and the supply chain process, to apply best practices and their expertise in the evolution of their TMS supply chain solution. The position requires serving as a liaison between operations and development teams, gathering and documenting user requirements, leading design efforts, implementing system changes, system testing, troubleshooting, and providing end user support to ensure the TMS product operates at optimal levels while meeting required business functions.
· Effectively communicate with operations and technology teams to gather, update and document user and business requirements
· Use clear requirement writings, process flow charts, and other tools to design solutions and communicate with development teams and users
· Develop functional specifications for modifications, interfaces, reports and screens that meet the users’ business objectives
· Perform TMS application testing and ensure it provides all required business functions
· Provide TMS user support
· Create manuals and instructions for projects and functions and provide user training
· Recommend improvements to boost system and process performance
· Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience in Supply Chain/Transportation field.
· 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain/Transportation Management
· 2+ years of experience as a Business Analyst in Logistics/Transportation and in-depth knowledge of logistics software solutions.
· Proven knowledge of the Transportation Management Process
· Knowledge of SQL for data retrieval and analysis
· Strong interpersonal communication skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with team members, users, and clients.
· Ability to create simple and efficient user interfaces, and able to generate examples through mock-ups and wireframes.
· Self-Starter and Problem-Solving Aptitude
Posted On: Wednesday, June 12, 2019