Summary: The purpose of the Transportation Clerk is to input and maintain accurate information into DPI’s computerized system regarding inbound and outbound freight and prepare related and needed documentation involving such. The Transportation Clerk interacts with both internal and external customers and vendors via electronic and telephonic communication to schedule deliveries and backhauls. The employee must be able to adhere to established DPI guidelines and timeframes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, prepare and complete documentation for backhauls and delivery routes for drivers and shuttle drivers
- Review invoices to verify accuracy
- Hand out route assignments to drivers and assign work to shuttle drivers for backhauls
- Check and review all incoming documentation and paperwork from drivers and shuttle drivers to verify accuracy
- Maintain and update various logs and activity tracking databases including file transportation log books for Department of Transportation compliance and internal spreadsheets reflecting DPI activity
- Communicate with vendors and customers to schedule appointments for deliveries and backhauls via telephone or electronic message
- Maintain general filing of DPI compliance documentation
- Communicates with drivers via telephone, radio and direct to deliver/receive and update information regarding routes, customer information and schedule
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains clean work environment, may include picking up trash or cleaning spills
- May perform Other duties may be assigned to fulfill DPI’s objectives
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The employee must have proficient knowledge of English and basic math skills. A High School diploma or equivalent is required. MS Office applications and Oracle or AS400 experience is preferred. 1 year of warehouse clerk experience is preferred.
Work Environment: The work environment is indoors in the warehouse and the employee is exposed to a controlled climate. When driving, the employee is exposed to outdoor conditions. The floors may be concrete in the warehouse, vinyl or carpet on the interior office.
Work Hours: The work schedule is either 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, or 4 days a week, 10 hours a day. Start times vary. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work overtime, holidays or weekends.
Physical and Mental Demands: Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects. This job also requires constant sitting. Constant use of the upper extremities is required to reach, handle, grasp and use desk tools, paperwork, files, and operate computer systems. The employee must know and follow proper safety protocols, DPI grooming, hygiene and dress code requirements; knowledge of assigned customer requirements and DPI customer policies and procedures; ability to manage time and multiple customer accounts; follow sequencing or order directions for successful completion of task or assignment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Paid Holidays
- Long Term Disability
- Professional Development
- Employee Events
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Military Leave
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Free Food and Coffee
- Paid sick days
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Merchandise Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Referral Program
Pharmacy Delivery Driver