OurPhoenix office is seeking a full-time Engineer-in-Training in ourTribaldesign group. The ideal candidate will have experience in roadway design, plan development, quantity and construction cost estimates. We are looking for someone with great communication skills who enjoys being part of a team environment. They will work in conjunctionwith Project Managers, peer engineers and CADD team members to coordinate highway/roadway design with other project disciplines to meet project deadlines for various projects throughout Arizona.We seek a self-starter with an attention to detail that wants to work in a professional setting to advance your career in roadway and transportation design. Additionally, you will collaborate with other disciplines, project managers and support staff, as well as our clients, to ensure the successful completion of transportation/roadway design tasks.
- Perform basic design of roadways, and drainage calculations
- Support production of construction plans and documents
- Complete quantity take-offs and cost estimating
- Coordinate with other disciplines both internal and external
- Strong work ethic and an understanding of engineering principles
- Experience in CADD utilizing Microstation or Autocad
- Proven teamwork and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite products including Word and Excel
- Good intrapersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to peers, senior staff and clients.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related curriculum from an ABET accredited school
- Engineering Intern Certification
- 0-2 years’ experience in the design of streets and highways
- Ability to effectively work with other engineers and technicians
- Experience with Tribalregulations that pertain to the design of street and/or highway projects preferred
- Experience with Microstation and Roadway Designer software is highly preferred
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.
“Please be mindful of fraudulent job postings and false emails that are not coming directly from our company. Any legitimate contact will only come from representatives with an @wilsonco.com email address. For an official list of job openings, please go to our company website: https://www.wilsonco.com.”
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 13 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, and our five core values of Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
We support membership in professional associations such as ASCE and ITE, and promote additional training through those associations or via our own online university that provides training in key areas of the consulting engineering business as well as technical training. We value providing our staff with training that promotes safety in the work place and on the job site, as well as our quality process which is the foundation of providing high quality products to our clients.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.