VHB’s growing Providence, RI office is seeking a Transportation Engineer to join our Transportation Systems group. The selected candidate will work with a team of transportation planners and engineers on a variety of public, private and institutional projects within broad cross-section of markets, including municipal, state agencies, higher education, federal lands and aviation.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Ownership of transportation engineering and planning project tasks
- Design of roadway, pedestrian, and bicycle infrastructure including knowledge of current accessibility guidelines
- Design of traffic control setups and phasing
- Design of traffic signals
- Complete field data collection tasks
- Assist with the research and preparation of reports
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of transportation engineering tasks
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of civil/transportation engineering and planning experience
- AutoCAD experience required
- Experience with RIDOT plans and contract specifications preferred
- EIT required with ability to obtain PE within 2 years
- Synchro, HCS, and VISSIM experience a plus
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for almost 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.