It’s like the ’92 Dream Team…but with an office full of Michael Jordans.
What is a Logistics Transportation Analyst? Allow us to break it down for you.
This opportunity will focus on establishing and building relationships with regional trucking companies, negotiating freight spend, and covering shipments in a high-paced work environment in order to get our customers’ product from source to shelf. Transportation Analysts also focus on securing new business relationships with third-party freight carriers and helping our business model expand all the transportation services we offer.
Starting a career is stressful enough. Simply ask yourself these things; Are you searching for a career working in a fun and dynamic environment? Is growth and development what you are looking for?
As the largest consolidated trucking company in the world and the largest transportation company in the western hemisphere, we offer this and more in our Logistics Division as a Logistics Transportation Analyst.
Every company talks about culture —the amazing office they work out of, the fun events, and the awesome perks. Yes, we have all that, but culture is more than that. We firmly believe it’s about rallying people who enjoy each other’s company and respect each other’s skillsets. It’s about working alongside people you rely on to talk business strategy one moment, then grab chicken fingers with you the next. It’s about enjoying where you work, who you work with, and what you do.
We’ll be real with you: Working here is very challenging, but here’s why you’ll love it:
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: We offer a highly interactive role working directly with carriers, customers, and our internal team. Ideal candidates possess professionalism and strong communication skills and will provide great customer service and support. This is your opportunity to provide tangible business development to some of the biggest suppliers, retailers, and brands in the world.
- ACHIEVING GOALS & PROBLEM SOLVING: Transportation Analysts will negotiate freight spend and cover shipments in a high-paced work environment. Ideal candidates seek to create value through effort and hustle, adapt well in a fluctuating market environment, and utilize data and reporting to analyze stats for increased efficiencies.
- WORKING WITH A TEAM: Employees in these positions are expected to act with professionalism and respect in all interactions with customers, carriers, and the internal team. Ideal candidates have proactive communication skills and a strong work ethic to build success as an individual and as a member of the Knight & Swift Logistics team. Striving to achieve overall strategic goals and operational excellence continuously, we offer individuals the ability to grow and support each team member’s success with ongoing training and coaching.
- COMPETITIVE WAGES AND BENEFITS: We offer a competitive salary with a team bonus incentive structure (we strongly believe in the mentality of winning as a team, losing as a team) and medical/dental/401K benefit options. Some offices have an onsite gym and café to keep our employees fit and fed.
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Negotiate freight rates for Swift's Logistics Division (3PL & Brokerage); build and optimize the use of carrier partner relationships, alliance partnerships and other relations and respond to Swift's capacity requirements and network. Provide recommendations on when to adjust rates on lanes based on changes in the market. Consistently deliver on strategic growth initiatives.
- Deliver against growth and profitability targets.
- Analyze the freight market to maximize profit and negotiating power at each transaction.
- Analyze freight carriers and lanes based on but not limited to the following; capacity and utilization, insurance, price, safety, and service.
- Negotiate rates and terms with carrier partners and customers.
- Communicate market changes and carrier opportunities to Leadership and other involved stakeholders.
- Manage entire process starting with the buy from the outside carrier thru the pick-up and delivery for the customer.
- Manage the interface between the customers' transportation personnel and head office.
- Properly integrate customer transportation strategies of those which are considered within the formulation of Swift strategies.
- Maintain focus on Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by leadership, including but not limited to travel when applicable.
- Skills: Must be results oriented. Must possess entrepreneurial spirit with proven ability to solicit new customers and meet specific revenue targets. Must possess a strong sense of urgency and purpose, with a bias for action. Must be familiar with and knowledgeable of TMS and brokerage systems. Must be self-confident and a self-starter without the need of close supervision. Must be able to operate in a busy, demanding environment. Must be able to understand and enforce company policies. Must be knowledgeable of AS400 and MS Office Suite tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must possess excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to communicate well with others and transfer knowledge. Must possess quantitative and qualitative analysis skills with superior problem solving ability.
- Education: Bachelors' in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience Required: Minimum of two (2) years of previous brokerage-related/transportation experience or two (2) years experience with sales, inside sales call center or customer service experience, required. Basic knowledge of transportation and 3PL, required.